Friday, December 24, 2004

Ah! damn, I missed!

A layman and a vicar were playing golf, and the layman was not having a good game.

"Ah! damn ,I missed !" said the layman at the at the first green . And then missing an easy putt, he said, "Ah! damn, I missed again!"

The layman kept on playing a bad shot, and kept saying, "damn ,I missed."

The vicar put up with this for half the round but then he felt he owed it to the dignity of his calling to say something to the layman.

"You really must not keep using such dreadful language , my dear Sir ," said the Vicar, " or the Lord may well strike you down."

And as the words were out of his mouth, there came a jagged flash of lightening ; and in a split second the vicar was burned to ashes.

Above the rolling thunder clouds, a deep voice was heard to say , "Ah! damn, I missed!"

No comments: