Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Alabama Wisdom

A young fella from Alabama was stopped by a game warden in LA (Lower Alabama) recently with two ice chests of fish, leaving a small lake well known for its fishing.

The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those fish?"

"Naw, my friend, I ain't got no license...don't really need one, nope. These here are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?"

"Yep....pert' near every night I take em' here fish down to the lake and let em' swim 'round for a while. Then I whistle and they jump rat back into this here ice chest and I take em' home."

"That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that!"

The young fella looked at the game warden for a moment and then said, "It's the truth my friend. I'll show you. It really works."

"Okay, I've GOT to see this!"

The young fella poured the fish into the lake and stood and waited.

After several minutes, the game warden turned to him and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" said the fella.

"When are you going to call them back?"

"Call who back?"

"The FISH!"

"What fish?"

No comments: