Monday, September 12, 2005

Golda Meir Quotes

Golda Meir (1898-1978) was the Prime Minister of Israel from 1969 to 1974.

"Let me tell you something that we Israelis have against Moses. He took us 40 years through the desert in order to bring us to the one spot in the Middle East that has no oil!" --Golda Meir

"I don't know why you use a fancy French word like detente when there's a good English phrase for it -- 'cold war'." --Golda Meir

"I never did anything alone. Whatever was accomplished in this country was accomplished collectively." --Golda Meir

"It's no accident many accuse me of conducting public affairs with my heart instead of my head. Well, what if I do? Those who don't know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either." --Golda Meir

"Don't be humble... you're not that great." --Golda Meir

No comments: